Tuesday 7 July 2015

Not so done with love.



After a gloriously shit break-up, last year, i was done with love. I was hurt, sad, lonely, depressed ( i don't use that lightly), and stuck. I decided that since i was never going near boys again i should save up and run away. INDIA became a great idea. A culture shock. A change of pace, a challenge to take on alone. So i got myself together. Used planning India as a brilliant distraction, and also as a way to reassure myself i could do life on my own. Im not half bad at it.
Plans were made. 6 months to a year of travel. Keeping it cheap, and thus hard but worth it and doable.



Then at a friends encouragement i put myself on Tinder. It was laughable, i took the mick out of the profile thing and contented myself with the satisfaction of judging photos of folk. Some i even spoke to- but most got creepy or too full on and i just ignored them. Then i think it was a spell of madness, i spoke to a guy called "crouching" or something like that. We were chatting for s few days and he was cool enough so i gave him my number (still not knowing his real name). A week or so later the madness took me and i agreed to an utterly blind date, in the middle of no where, at the biggest wind farm in the UK, alone, with no phone signal, and didn't tell anyone what i was doing.  Woops...




We drank ice tea and watches a mediocre sunset, and talked bits and bobs. On the walk back to the car Kenny (as i now knew he was called) asked me; "On a scale of 1 to 10 how comfortable is this silence? 1 being totally comfortable." i said 2... and only because i wasnt sure how comfortable he found the silence. We laughed and totally agreed. That made me fall in love a little bit.



He then proceeded to get us utterly lost, in the middle of no where, late at night, with no phone signal, with a stranger and nobody knew where i was... I thought i was going to die at the hands of an axe murderer and everyone who had ever criticise my parents for raising us so freely was right.

 

He did not murder me, and instead delivered me safely to my door. So after a lot of nervous laughter i agreed to a second date. AND THE REST IS HISTORY.

        

Our first holiday together November 2014, we drove all around Scotland. West to east. Visited old castles with sea shell paths, hippy cafes in the middle of no where, walked up hills in the rain, saw a stag, stayed at an adorable old ladies B&B and took our first self timer selfie from the car.

   

Im pretty happy. Still going to India, but not running away to fix myself. Its a shorter trip and i cant wait to go and see some amazing places. But this guy will make coming home the sweetest part of my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment